- Follow the instruction to setup OctoPrint and environment for it or run following commands
cd ~ sudo apt-get install python-pip python-dev python-setuptools python-virtualenv git libyaml-dev git clone https://github.com/foosel/OctoPrint.git cd OctoPrint virtualenv --system-site-packages venv ./venv/bin/python setup.py install mkdir ~/.octoprint
- Add access to the user (relogon the user or restart PCDuino afterwards)
sudo usermod -a -G tty ubuntu sudo usermod -a -G dialout ubuntu
- Connect the printer to USB. Check the connection port – command reports the printer is connected to the port ttyUSB0
- Run the OctoPrint server – the command reports the server listens to the port 5000 (hit Ctrl+C to stop it)
- Open OctoPrint interface in the browser by the address http://xx.xx.xx.xx:5000 (where xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address of the PCDuino in the local network – replace this with correct address). Follow the instruction to configure and use OctoPrint.