Dart is an Open Source programming language (GitHub repository), created by Google. It is used in some of Google applications (e.g. AdWords). Google also created:
- SDK – includs the VM, dart2js, core libraries, and more
- Flutter – for mobile application development
- AngularDart – for web application development
- Dart tools – IDE plugins, server script tools, and more
- GitHub repository – the Dart SDK, including the VM, dart2js, core libraries, and more.
- SDK installation. After the installation – run the command
brew info dart
Output will provide information about installed version and the path to SDK
==> Options --devel Install development version 2.2.0-dev.0.0 ==> Caveats Please note the path to the Dart SDK: /usr/local/opt/dart/libexec
Flutter is a framework to build mobile applications for Android and iOS smartphones, using same code base. It has plugins for AndroidStudio, JetBrains IDEA, VS Code, Vim, Emacs.
Development for iOS requires Xcode.
dart2js --out=test.js test.dart
- Angel is a full-featured, full-stack, server-side framework, with ability to share logic between the client and server. It includes also client library that supports plain HTTP, REST, WebSockets, dependency injection, complex routing, etc.
- Curated list of plug-ins, apps and resources
- Dart Code Style – consistent naming, ordering, and formatting guideline
- Arguments (from 2014) – why not to split code to individual file per each class
- Examples of web- and other projects on Dart
- About mixin-s